Item prices do not include shipping costs. Shipping costs for your complete order will be calculated at check-out.
BHJAN BHOY is Ajay Saggar. Solo. Think King Champion Sounds, Deutsche Ashram, The Bent Moustache, Donkey (to name a few).
The album will be out on on Wormer Bros (WORM 071), release-date is Friday 5 June 2020, and YES, PRE-ORDERING IS POSSIBLE.
“Bless Bless” is the fruition of months of Ajay locking himself up in his studio and working days and nights to make this wondrous and beautiful album filled with kosmische guitar psych magick / sonic raga trips / melodic mantras / esoteric electronica that thrill and elevate the listener to a higher sonic plain. The music reaches out to the stars in the same vein if Popol Vuh jammed with John Fahey, Terry Riley, and Robin Guthrie, to produce a beautiful soundscape in which the listener can sink into and float downstream. He collaborated with Prana Crafter (the musical mystic that is William Sol) on “Strung Out” and Holly Habstritt Gaal on “Cascade”.
During 2019 he played several well received solo shows (including Le Guess Who? festival and also opening for J Mascis…at J’s request) to bring his musical message to the public.
Listen here : https://bhajanbhoy.bandcamp.com/album/bless-bless
Reactions to the album to date:
- “This is the best thing that Ajay has released” (Steve Barker / “On The Wire” BBC Radio Lancashire)
- “I really love this album” (Mike Newman / head honcho at Beyond Beyond Is Beyond label)
- “Sounds REALLY great” (Stuart Braithwaite / Mogwai)
- “Cool cool sounds” (Ripley + Sanae / Moon Duo)
- “Killer album!" (J Mascis / Dinosaur Jr.)