Two blinking new tracks by The Ex: direct, urgent, wilful and joyfully obstinate. Recorded in the rehearsal room in three hours and mixed in two: fat -free and no words wasted.
- Arnold de Boer - guitar, vocals
- Terrie Hessels - guitar
- Andy Moor - guitar
- Katherina Bornefeld - drums
“How Thick You Think” is inspired by the short film “Neighbours” (Norman McLaren, 1952). The story is a parable about two people who come to blows over the possession of a flower. The sentence
I think food with music means peace comes from a painting by Lucebert.
“That's Not A Virus” builds on a typical Ex beat: a melodic and unique rhythm, freshly pulled out of the Dutch clay, sounding as if it already exists for 2000 years. The lyrics work like a crack in the wall through which you look at the space between people; what people reveal of themselves, show to each other and the categorical insecurity that comes with it.
- Recorded at the Jottem! Studio in Wormerveer, November 27, 2013.
- Engineered and mixed by Andy and Arnold.
- Mastered at Next To Jaap Studio in Voorhout by Corno Zwetsloot.
- Made, played, recorded and released by The Ex.
- Cover design: Emma Fischer.
- Cover photo: Andy.
- Distribution: Konkurrent.
Digital album available from Bandcamp.
HOW THICK YOU THINK / THAT’S NOT A VIRUS by The Ex
- Label: Ex Records
- Catalogue #: EX 139
- Availability: In Stock