Chalachew Ashenafi, the legendary Gondar azmari (1966-2012) did some tours with The Ex in recent years. A traditional player, but also forward, funny and stubborn. These are his last recordings ever. Astonishing strong music.
- Chalachew Ashenafi - vocals, masinko
- Mesele Asmamaw - krar, backing vocals
- Misale Legesse - kobero, backing vocals
- Minyeshu Kifle - backing vocals
- Andy Moor - electric guitar on ‘Musheroch Mare’
- Medina (6:53)
- Tey Demam (7:48)
- Munit (8:04)
- Tew! Tew! 1 (9:05)
- Musheroch Mare (8:53)
- Memeyew (8:40)
- Tezeta (7:30)
- Hailoga (7:35)
- Tew! Tew! 2 (9:36)
- Recorded in Jottum! Studio, Wormerveer, The Netherlands, 4+5 July 2011.
- Engineered by Maarten Tap.
- Produced by Arnold de Boer, Terrie Ex + Andy Moor.
- Mixed by Andy Moor.
- Mastered by Gilius Kreken at the Frank van der Weij Studio, Amsterdam.
- Lyrics translated by Tsegaye Haileslassie + Eyasu Tamene.
- Interview done by Simeneh Betreyohannis, Baro Hotel, Addis Abeba, May 4, 2012.
- Questions by Terrie Ex.
- ‘Notes from the field’ by Ken Vandermark + Andy Moor.
- All colour photos by Andy Moor.
- Black + white photos from various sources.
- Booklet edited by Terrie Ex.
FANO by Chalachew Ashenafi
- Label: Terp Records
- Catalogue #: AS-24
- Availability: In Stock